At the 2018 congress of the Nigeria Women Football League held at the Watercress Hotel, Ikeja, Lagos, the following resolutions were reached.
1. The Congress thanked the Amaju Pinnick led NFF Board for their unflinching support to the growth and development of the Nigeria women Football League.
2. The Congress also thanked the Government of Edo State for their generous support towards the successful hosting of the 2017/2018 league season Super 4 held in Benin, Edo State.
3. The Congress also thanked the Government of Lagos State for their generous support towards the successful hosting of the 2018 Nigeria Women Football League Congress and the Champions Shield tournament.
4. That the 2017/2018 league season shall be played on an abridged league format of two groups of eight teams each. This is because of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia and the FIFA Women World Cup in France.
5. That the 2017/2018 league season kicks off date is slated for the 7th of April, 2018 with Nasarawa Amazons FC vs FC Robo Queens of Lagos as the Star match in Lafia, to herald the season.
6. Players transfer fees is pegged at N200,000.00 for Premier league and N100,000.00 for Pro-league so that clubs do not enslave the players.
7. The Congress agreed that the deadline for the payment of registration fee is 19th of March, 2018 and collection of licences to end on or before 30th March, 2018.
8. The Congress appreciated the initiative of the board to introduce the Champions Shield tournament to herald the new season for the first time.
9. The Congress reviewed extensively the MOU signed with LaLiga and appreciated the initiative and partnership as it observed that it will be a big boost and source of exposure to the Nigeria Women Football League.
10. The Congress passed an implicit vote of confidence on the Aisha Falode led Nigeria Women Football league board.
COMMUNIQUE DRAFTING COMMITTEE
1. Mr. Joe Amene – Chairman
2. Ms. Henrietta Ukaigwe – Member
3. Mr. Emmanuel Zira – Secretary